April 04, 2011

Spring Decorating

Being that I have a small house and two kids under the age of 6, I'm limited on my decorating space. All items that are in plain view really need to serve a purpose. I don't have space to just fill with pretty things. And I'm afraid if I did, and my kids could reach it, it would quickly get destroyed. I'm not saying you should design around your kids, but let's be realistic. The one space I do have is my fireplace mantle. It's high enough that the kids can't reach it, and is the perfect focal point for sweet little vignettes. So I've been on the search for some interesting Easter or spring fireplace mantle decorations. Its so hard to find decent Easter decorations! They are all either tacky or too country or too shabby chic. I've got a few ideas spinning around in my head for my mantel and will share that when it's complete, but in the meantime, here's some nice ones. Have you seen or created any modern Easter or spring mantel decorations? Please share!

spring fireplace mantel decor
photo
spring fireplace mantel decor
photo

No comments:

Post a Comment

c'mon, don't be shy...