August 11, 2012

I Spy: Triangle Art

As much as I hate to admit it, sometimes art is trendy. As is fashion. I can tell myself-- it's a basic black (fill in the blank here-- blazer, pant, dress), but the facts are that cuts change, and your basic black pant or whatever doesn't look as great 5 years later, usually. Low rise, high rise, pleats, shoulder pads, zippers, etc. all those little details make the difference. But I digress (as I do often)-- we're talking about art. Am I seeing a trend with all this lovely faceted triangle art? I know art stands the test of time for sure, but what about trends in art? Will those go down as the 'faceted triangle' age, and be a classic? Either way-- I LOVE it no matter what.

photo
photo
          
photos

photos

Lamps:

photo
Even seeing it in furniture:

photo
Love this faceted Desk.
Have you seen this whole house by Kelly Wearstler? EVERY SINGLE SURFACE is inSANE. Expensive, exotic materials. Who has BRASS kitchen cabinets? Crazy.
(and a side note: the blog above that links to these pics-- My Favorite and My Best is so freaking hilarious. )


photo
Oh-- and found this cute pillow at Target:

No comments:

Post a Comment

c'mon, don't be shy...