February 16, 2013

A bad case of Sciolari

Doesn't that sound like a disease? Sciolari. Right up there next to clematis and coleus (plants for those who aren't gardeners.) Anyway, these gorgeous chandeliers by Italian designer Gaetano Sciolari have been creeping in my mind, and I can't stop thinking about them. I think it's a weird coincidence when you see something, then again and again. Maybe it's merely just the popularity of an item, but I think it's fate.

I was at an estate sale a while back and found a funky old modern chandelier selling for like 100 bucks, looked like it could have been a Sciolari. Of course it was already sold, but I made a mental note.

Then came across this stunning photo:

photo
 Then this one:

photo
And so on...

photo
And on...
photo
So back to that coincidence.... no, I didn't score one of these bad boys for next to nothing, but I'm putting out some cosmic Sciolari vibes for one these to come across my path soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

c'mon, don't be shy...