February 03, 2013

Task Lights as Bedside Lamps

As I have been doing a mini-makerover to our bedroom-- I've been thinking about what to do with the lamps I have, just a basic wood spindle small lamp with linen shade. I was thinking of spray painting them yellow. Or adding a graphic bright yellow shade, but coincidentally when I was turning on the lamp, the plastic piece crumbled and broke. Really--- not just saying that as an excuse to buy new lamps! So new lamps are in order. I've totally had my eye on the yellow industrial task lights from West Elm, I was going to get them for Reece's room, but ended up getting the Arod from Ikea instead, which is a great light. I wasn't sure if task lights would be weird a bedside lamps, but I did a little searching, and like what I see:


photo
photo
photo
Although I really love the West Elm one:

photo
I may end up doing a DYI with some yellow spray paint because these guys are $70 and I need 2. Spray paint is purchased! Just need to find the right light....

No comments:

Post a Comment

c'mon, don't be shy...